9.22.2005

in memory of..

In memory of a less than expressive "speak like a pirate day"... I hearby submit:

"But this one I quote:
Brobst says he can't help it: when the Spirit moves upon him, he clamps one eye shut and his voice becomes gravelly and menacing. On a recent Sunday, he prophesied, "Avast ye, mateys! Hear the word from our Cap'n: No fear have ye of storms and scallywags, says ye? Argh! But I be seein' your true hearts. For I see below quarterdecks, says I. Ye be tremblin' in the face of scurvy dogs. But pay them no heed. For I be preparin' to pour down plenty o' booty upon ye. So be of cheer, me hearties! Ye be loved of the Cap'n."

The people of the church by now are accustomed to it, though first-time visitors often giggle."

Shamelessly stolen from http://yeoleimposter.blogspot.com/.

6 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Possum said...

I'm not ever going to click on one of these links.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Luke said...

wratg! oh whoops. I mean WRATH!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Eric said...

We could also try clicking on the links and then flagging their blogs as being illegitimate. One of the admins should also set word verification for the comments.

In closing I say: Real pirates get drunk on the Spirit! Arrr!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Possum said...

Lem is the only person who has administrative access to this blog. And I doubt he even reads the comments, so he won't be fixing it any time soon.

Lem pretty much just totally and completely is a sucky person.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Luke said...

well... we'll know when he does read it.(c: 'cause he'll have the right to remove your post about him being sucky because it won't qualify.. but until then, it is appropriate, neh? woohoo! my logic class is our blog!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Possum said...

Exactly.

That's why I made that inflammatory comment!

It's self-fulfilling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home